Moonshot edVentures founder Christine DeLeon has a wide range of experiences in leadership development, entrepreneurship, and new school models. She began her career as a management consultant at the Boston Consulting Group and later became the Los Angeles lead for The Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation’s leadership development portfolio, focusing primarily on school leadership preparation programs.
In 2010, she founded the Analyst Fellowship for Education Pioneers, which has grown from 10 to more than 100 fellows annually in fewer than five years.
Christine spearheaded efforts for districts (including Denver Public Schools), charter networks, and city-based nonprofits to develop and support innovative new school models in conjunction with Next Generation Learning Challenges and Education Cities. She also led the recruitment of the second cohort of Summit Basecamp schools, growing the program from 19 schools to more than 130 schools.
She possesses experience in cultivating entrepreneurs through her time as a Harvard Innovation Lab Fellow and is a trained facilitator of Intergroup Dialogues, structured to explore social group identity, conflict, community, and social justice. She holds a BA in Business Administration from the University of Michigan and a Doctorate in Education Leadership from Harvard University, and is a member of the inaugural Pahara Next Gen Network.
More about Christine
- Los Angeles lead for Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, Leadership Development Portfolio – led development of principal preparation handbook “A New Approach,” which serves as the anchor text for KIPP Leadership Design Fellowship
- Founder and Director of the Analyst Fellowship for Education Pioneers (first year-long fellowship that scaled from 10 to 100 within four years)
School design/ Personalized learning
- Director, Blended Learning, Denver Public Schools – led district-wide personalized learning strategic plan; team lead that allowed DPS to be awarded Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s Next Gen Systems Initiative
- Senior Director, Personalized Learning, Education Cities – led “Emerging Harbormaster Cohort” for Next Gen Learning Challenges, helping local intermediaries build system conditions conducive to personalized learning
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Co-Founded pilot of edGarage, Denver’s new education co-working space and 4.0 Schools Community Catalyst
- Harvard Innovation Lab Fellow, Harvard Innovation Lab – built education entrepreneurial community across Harvard
Fellowships and connections
- Fellowships: Pahara Next Gen Network, 4.0 Community Catalyst, KIPP Leadership Design, Education Leaders of Color
- Education: Harvard Ed.L.D., University of Michigan B.B.A.
Connect with CDL